Position Title: Estimator
Wage Range: $16.00 to $22.00
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: President/Vice President
The Estimator is responsible to meet with customers, vendors and subcontractors to review potential projects, document details, calculate project costs and generate an appropriate quotation. A high level of customer service, accurate documentation and company communication is mandatory.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Ensures quotations are completed for review by the Operations Manager/President in accordance to company procedure and in a timely manner.
- Generate preliminary complete quotations through review of job with Operations Manager/President, review of blueprints, faxed customer drawings, etc. using multiple software packages.
- Convert quotations into work orders, provide bill of material lists and schedules to purchasing, provide work orders, drawings and details to Shop Manager, and provide work orders, drawings, and details for Field Personnel.
- Responsible to follow projects through production and assist with any questions and clarifications in the absence of the Operations Manager/President.
- Responsible for keeping the customer up to date on the status of the project, and follows up with customer upon project completion.
- Provide finalized project documentation to billing department for invoicing.
- Build new and nurture existing customer relationships through dependability, integrity and outstanding customer service.
- Ensure components are built to specifications by providing accurate and detailed drawings to both shop and field staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years industrial maintenance, equipment repairs and fabrication experience.
- Current and valid OSHA 10 hour certification completion card*
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven self-starter
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive attitude
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Excellent attention to detail/thoroughness
- Proficient in reading blueprints and able to do take-offs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Commitment to company values
- Proficient in MS Office and AutoCAD
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Solid decision making skills
- Minimum 10 years industrial maintenance, equipment repairs and fabrication experience.
- Minimum 2 years project management experience.
- Computer experience MS Office & AutoCAD
- Customer Service and Outside Sales
- Clean driving record