Available Job Openings
Position Title: Assistant Estimator
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: President/Vice President
The Estimator is responsible to meet with customers, vendors and subcontractors to review potential projects, document details, calculate project costs and generate an appropriate quotation. A high level of customer service, accurate documentation and company communication is mandatory.
· Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
· Ensures quotations are completed for review by the Operations Manager/President in accordance to company procedure and in a timely manner.
· Generate preliminary complete quotations through review of job with Operations Manager/President, review of blueprints, faxed customer drawings, etc. using multiple software packages.
· Convert quotations into work orders, provide bill of material lists and schedules to purchasing, provide work orders, drawings and details to Shop Manager, and provide work orders, drawings, and details for Field Personnel.
· Responsible to follow projects through production and assist with any questions and clarifications in the absence of the Operations Manager/President.
· Responsible for keeping the customer up to date on the status of the project, and follows up with customer upon project completion.
· Provide finalized project documentation to billing department for invoicing.
· Build new and nurture existing customer relationships through dependability, integrity and outstanding customer service.
· Ensure components are built to specifications by providing accurate and detailed drawings to both shop and field staff.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 7 years industrial maintenance, equipment repairs and fabrication experience.
· Valid driver’s license
· Proven self-starter
· Excellent customer service skills
· Positive attitude
· Problem analysis and resolution
· Excellent attention to detail/thoroughness
· Proficient in reading blueprints and able to do take-offs
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Commitment to company values
· Proficient in MS Office and AutoCAD
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
· Solid decision making skills
· Minimum 10 years industrial maintenance, equipment repairs and fabrication experience.
· Minimum 2 years project management experience.
· Current and valid OSHA 10 hour certification completion card
· Computer experience MS Office & AutoCAD
· Customer Service and Outside Sales
· Clean driving record
Position Title: Shop Fabricator II
Exemption Status : Non-Exempt
Reports To: Shop Manager
This position is for an individual possessing advanced welding, layout, print reading and advanced fabrication experience. This position requires advanced operation of standard shop equipment, press brake and burn table.
- Perform duties within a team environment as directed by the work order description and directives from the shop manager
- Perform appropriate operation of saws, shear, iron worker, plate roll, universal roll, grinders and welding equipment within safety guidelines
- Perform all operations of press brake and burn table
- Other duties as assigned
- Punctuality – must have the ability to arrive to work on time
- Proficient with hand and power tools
- Advanced math and measuring skills
- Advanced skills of layout and fabrication
- Advanced skills of wire welding, dual shield and stick welding
- Advanced skills of saw, shear, iron worker, plate roll, universal roll, grinders, welding equipment
- Advanced skills and knowledge of TIG welding
- Advanced skills of press brake and burn table
- Advanced fabrication skills to construct components square, true and to dimensions
- Ability to continually lift up to 100lbs.
- High School Diploma
- 3 – 4 years welding classes
- 3 -4 years welding and fabrication experience
- Minimum of 2 welding certifications
- Intermediate knowledge of AutoCAD
- Current and valid OSHA 10 hour certification completion card
Does your experience, a dedication to quality workmanship, and safety compliance describe your career as a millwright?
If so, we invite you to apply to our open position of Millwright II with ProtoFab, Inc.
We are an established locally owned Reno/Sparks, NV Corporation, who has created long-lasting business relationships within our community. In turn, our employees benefit from the opportunity of consistent work, regular overtime, job advancement, and the ability to return to their homes and families nightly.
Duties include but are not limited to equipment moving & installations, plumbing, welding, fabrication, equipment repairs, and industrial maintenance. The ability to continually lift loads up to 100 lbs. and frequently working in aerial lifts at elevated heights is a requirement of the position.
We offer competitive wages, paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K, supplemental insurance, and educational assistance.
All candidates must possess a valid state driver’s license and submit to a background check and drug testing. OSHA 30 hour certification card must be completed and presented upon your start date.
Millwright II Principal Responsibilities:
· Review each daily work order with the Project Manager for details and to coordinate the daily workload.
· Ensure the truck is loaded with the necessary materials, tools, equipment, and personnel to complete the daily task.
· Perform welding, cutting, grinding, rigging, and mechanical assembly at offsite locations.
· Perform mechanical maintenance on industrial equipment and machinery at offsite locations without supervision.
· Manage 1-2 man crews when supervisory assistance is not available on an as-needed basis.
· PUNCTUALITY – must have the ability to arrive to work on time!
· Current and valid OSHA 30 hour certification completion card*
· MSHA 24 hour certification
· Valid driver’s license
· Efficient operation and certification of all man-lift and forklift equipment.
· Advanced welding skills and certification in M.I.G. & stick welding processes.
· Scaffolding – competent person
· Intermediate drafting and advanced layout
· Advanced mechanical and fabrication knowledge/background.
· Advanced knowledge and certification of equipment rigging and capacities
· Advanced knowledge and certification of crane hand signals.
· Advanced knowledge of machinery and equipment moving with hoists, dollies, skates and truck.
· Intermediate to advanced T.I.G. welding skills.
· Advanced skills in fabrication, layout and design.
· Advanced personnel and daily project management skills.
· Advanced ducting, spouting, pipe layout and installation.
· Advanced communication and documentation skills.
· Positive attitude to motivate and teach fellow employees.
· Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
· Working knowledge of industrial related software programs for project management scheduling
· Ability to continually lift up to 100lbs.
· Frequently work at heights
· Minimum of 5 years experience in industrial maintenance, welding and fabrication and job site experience.
· Basic classes on project management and personnel management training classes.
· First aid and CPR certifications.
· High School Diploma, or G.E.D. highly preferred.
PROTOFAB'S COMMITMENT TO OUR CUSTOMERS IS SUCCESSFUL ALL IN PART BECAUSE OF OUR PEOPLE.